In female the hair loss is generally present as diffuse thinning over the entire scalp. Women generally lose hair gradually retaining their frontal hair line.
The diagnosis is generally straight forward when there is a history of gradually thinning in front and/or top of the scalp, relative preservation of the frontal hairline.
- Complete blood count for anemia
- Serum iron and iron bending capacity-for Anemia
- T3, T4, Tsh- thyroid disease.
- ANA for autoimmune disease.
- Hair loss medication. (Minoxidal 2%)
- Low level laser therapy
- Surgical treatment